We listen, observe, measure & solve
Australia’s leading provider of end-to-end research and data analytics services to the public sector.
Research to support Australia during COVID-19
ORIMA is turning our skills and resources towards generating information about the impact of COVID-19 on the Australian community, and to monitor the speed and consistency of our recovery once it passes. Click through here to see the community and employee research projects we are running, including current results and information on how to be involved.
Online Safety for Children and Young People
Making a difference through research.
In 2019 we worked with the Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation (ACCCE), to shed light on awareness, perceptions and prevention behaviours relating to online child sexual exploitation. The results from the research will be used to shape current and future child online safety programs.
What we do
Communications and Marketing Research
- Communication strategy research
- Campaign development and refinement
- Campaign tracking and evaluation
- Information product testing
- Communication audits
- Audience segmentation research
Client and Stakeholder Research
- Client surveys
- Voice of the customer programs
- Stakeholder perception/relationship management
- ORIMACEM – ORIMA Client Experience Model
- ORIMAstep co-creation workshops
- Consultation & submission analysis
- Employee surveys
- OREEM – ORIMA Employee Engagement Model
- Community awareness and attitude surveys
- Community perception tracking
- Audience segmentation research
Policy Development and Program Management Research
- Exploring potential community reactions
- Testing policy / program options
- Co-designing service delivery approaches
- Impact studies
Program Evaluations and Reviews
- Development of performance measurement frameworks and indicators
- Multi-method evaluations
- Compliance reviews
- Performance audits/reviews
- Actuarial analysis
- Administrative data analytics (Big Data)
- Compliance monitoring, reporting and tools
- Sense-making of data
Data Portals and Ballots
- Online surveys and forms
- Secure ballot platforms
- Online data collection portals
- Feedback and complaints management systems
- Dashboard reporting
Disability Services Research
- Market-leading survey methodologies tailored to the disability sector
- Research approach, design, conduct, analysis and reporting informed by disability sector advisors
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Research
- A specialised team with expertise in conducting culturally appropriate quantitative and qualitative research with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples in metropolitan, regional and remote Australia
- An Australia-wide Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander interviewer field force, equipped to conduct face-to-face interviews in their local communities
- A regular cost-effective Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Omnibus Survey – take advantage of an existing sample and only pay for the questions you want to ask
- Research approach, design, conduct, analysis and reporting informed by Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander advisors
Szymon Duniec, BEc (Hons), QPR, FAMSRS, MIPPA, MAASM, MAMI
Managing Director | Melbourne
Szymon is one of Australia’s leading public sector research consultants, with over 25 years of relevant experience. He is a recent past National President of the Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS) and is a Fellow of the Society. Szymon is also a member of the Privacy Compliance Committee of the Association of Market and Social Research Organisations (AMSRO).
Szymon has a hands-on role in translating research findings into meaningful and actionable outcomes.
Liz Duniec, BSc (Psych), Grad Dip (Org Psych), Master of Applied Positive Psychology, QPR, FAMSRS, MIPPA, MAASM, MAMI
Founding Director | Melbourne
Liz established ORIMA Research in 1996 with the aim of being a provider of innovative and high quality research consultancy services to the public sector. ORIMA Research is now Australia’s largest provider of research, evaluation and data analytics services to the public sector. Liz has over 25 years of experience in market and social research.
Prior to starting ORIMA Research, she was a Principal of Interaction Consulting Group for three years and a management consultant with PriceWaterhouseCoopers (formerly Coopers and Lybrand’s Human Resources and Strategic Management Group) in Canberra for over four years. Liz has an academic background in psychology, including a Masters in Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Melbourne. She currently specialises in attitude and behaviour change through social marketing, communications research and strategic government research to support policy and program development and evaluations.
Rodney Latimer, BA (Hons) (PolSci, Eco, Asian Studies), QPR, MMSRS
Director | Canberra
Rodney has a background in economics and political science. He has over 20 years of experience in market and social research in both the public and private sectors.
He is highly experienced in the project management of sensitive government-to-business and business-to-business research. He specialises in policy development and program management research, client/stakeholder research, employee research, corporate strategy development and service delivery.
Who we work with
ORIMA is a genuine public sector research specialist – over 90% of our business is conducted for public sector clients
- 97% of our clients were satisfied with our overall performance.
- 97% of our clients said they’d work with us again.
- 96% of our clients would recommend us to others.
They are a trusted government partner who work collaboratively with the client to develop a robust campaign evaluation program within a tight time frame. ORIMA was highly responsive and flexible to the client’s changing needs and delivered a comprehensive research report.
We have been so impressed with the level of service and ease of communication between ourselves and the ORIMA Research team. The findings from the research work they undertook for us has been so informative and increased our motivation and confidence to deliver a great project. As a not-for-profit it was important to strike a balance between maintaining a set budget and still getting enough out of the research. The flexibility that was afforded to us meant we achieved the objective of the research while remaining on-budget.
They were fantastic to deal with on this project. Not only were they accommodating to our very short and changing timelines, but they went above and beyond to provide additional details and confirm queries in a timely manner. They also demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of surveying within the public sector along with knowledge from other projects.
Out of all the contractors I have dealt with on projects, ORIMA have positively exceeded all my previous experiences. ORIMA have set an exceptionally high benchmark for other researchers/contractors in the field.
Staff were responsive, flexible, professional and aware of the issues relevant to our research project. I could not recommend them highly enough, their impact on the success of this project was enormous. Their efforts have ensured that we will receive support to carry out these evaluations into the future, and have made us all look good! Thank you!
The ORIMA team demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of our project and requirements and were able to take our abstract and often unclear ideas and turn them into a professional and appropriate product. Working with ORIMA was an extremely positive experience for me and my team and I will encourage others to use their services.
Most of our reports are confidential and are not publicly released.
Here are some examples of our publicly available reports:
Online Safety for Children and Young People
Prepared by ORIMA Research for Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation (2019).
Point to Point Transport Survey
Prepared by ORIMA Research for IPART (Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of NSW) (2019)
Girls Make Your Move campaign
Prepared by ORIMA Research for the Department of Health (2019).
In 2016, the Department of Health launched the ‘Girls Make Your Move’ campaign in Australia. The campaign stems from on-going concerns and evidence that young women are doing less physical activity than recommended by physical activity guidelines, and that Australians are increasingly inactive, with associated health risks on the rise.
For research participants
Register for our panel
We regularly conduct surveys and focus groups with people around Australia. Many of our research projects play an important role in informing government processes and decisions affecting the Australian community. Participants in these studies are rewarded through cash payments or vouchers. Click here with your details and phone number.
ORIMA Research (ABN 77 076 347 914 / ACN 076 347 914) respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
Focus group participants
Been involved in one of our focus groups and have some feedback? We’d love to hear from you!