Do you have an analytical mind? Are you curious? Do you like problem solving? Do you want to make a difference?
ORIMA Research is Australia’s leading provider of market, social and organisational research and data analytics consultancy services to the public sector. We conduct strategically important research studies in support of public sector policies, programs and initiatives. We have been involved in conducting research and evaluation projects on some of the most high-profile issues of the last decade. Our projects have made a significant contribution to advancing evidence-based public policy.
Our projects have covered a broad range of areas and topics including the environment, education, public health, taxation, welfare reform, sport, foreign affairs and defence/security.
We have offices in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and employ over 50 permanent staff as well as a national Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander field force of over 30 people.
ORIMA Graduate Program
ORIMA Research is committed to training and developing young Australians. Our formal graduate program provides high potential graduates with a pathway to a rewarding career in research and consulting.
Our graduate program is underpinned by a Competency Framework and a clear progression pathway. Our program provides the opportunity and support to learn and develop both quantitative and qualitative research skills, as well as the technical and non-technical skills required for a successful career in the research consulting industry.
Successful applicants will work on a rotational basis across a number of teams and research disciplines to develop and hone their consulting skills.
The program provides exposure to a broad range of research and consulting skills including:
- understanding and designing research methodologies
- analysing and interpreting quantitative (using SPSS and Excel) and qualitative data
- producing charts and descriptive statistics
- organising and conducting research fieldwork
- project management and co-ordination
- problem solving, analysis and report writing.
We have several full time graduate positions available for our annual intake in Melbourne and Canberra.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- have recently completed, or be completing your qualifications in Economics, Econometrics, Psychology, Actuarial Studies, Statistics, Marketing, Commerce, Law and / or Social Science or other relevant degree
- demonstrate a high level of academic performance (distinction average or higher at tertiary level)
- have an ATAR score of 90 or above (or equivalent)
- demonstrate strong analytical skills
- have good attention to detail
- have strong written and oral communication skills
- demonstrate excellent time management and organisation skills
- demonstrate the ability to work in a small team environment and be a genuine team player with a strong positive attitude
- have an interest in the public sector and/ or social research
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
Knowledge and experience of research methodologies, Excel skills and SPSS statistics software would be desirable but not essential.
How to apply
Please see the Current Vacancies section of our website.