Our MISSION is to improve the wellbeing of people by contributing to high quality, evidence-based public policy, public administration, service delivery and management decisions through our research, data analytics and advisory services
ORIMA Graduate Program
ORIMA Research is committed to training and developing young Australians. Our formal graduate program provides high potential graduates with a pathway to a rewarding career in research and consulting.
Our graduate program is underpinned by a Competency Framework and a clear progression pathway. Our program provides the opportunity and support to learn and develop both quantitative and qualitative research skills, as well as the technical and non-technical skills required for a successful career in the research consulting industry.
Successful applicants will work across a number of teams and research disciplines to develop and hone their consulting skills.
The program provides exposure to a broad range of research and consulting skills including:
- understanding and designing research methodologies
- analysing and interpreting quantitative (using SPSS and Excel) and qualitative data
- producing charts and descriptive statistics
- organising and conducting research fieldwork
- project management and co-ordination
- problem solving, analysis and report writing.
To be eligible for a graduate role, you must:
- have recently completed, or be completing your qualifications in Economics, Econometrics, Psychology, Statistics, Marketing, Commerce, Law and / or Social Science or other relevant degree
- demonstrate a high level of academic performance (distinction average or higher at tertiary level)
- have an ATAR score of 90 or above (or equivalent)
- demonstrate strong analytical skills
- have strong written and oral communication skills
- have an interest in the public sector and/ or social research
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
Knowledge and experience of research methodologies, Excel skills and SPSS statistics software would be an advantage.
How to apply
Please see the Current Vacancies section of our website.